Phase I of the Return to Campus (RTC) Plan is characterized by essential employees returning to campus under maximum safety restrictions.
At this time, essential employees return to campus under maximum safety restrictions. Classes will continue to be remote, with exceptions made for faculty/students requiring the use of labs.
During this phase, employees have the opportunity to tell their supervisors about their concerns coming back to campus. Employees with a higher risk for contracting COVID-19 will work closely with their supervisors and HR to determine when is the safest time to return to campus.
The following guidelines are in effect:
- Only essential employees continue to be allowed on campus (you’ll be informed if you’re an on-campus employee for Phase I).
- Visitors by appointment.
- Events and meetings are to be held virtually.
- No CNM Out-of-State/International Travel is allowed.
All employees working on campus must do the following:
- Complete a one-time training on COVID-19 safety protocols as outlined in “Keeping CNM Safe – COVID-19 Training.” This training was assigned to all CNM employees on June 1 (Spanish version is also available).
- Complete a Facility Authorization Usage Notification (FAUN) Form that requires approval from your Executive Team member or the dean of your school. The form must be submitted at least two days before arriving on campus to provide time for review and approval.
- The FAUN Form is accessible by logging into myCNM, clicking “Employee,” then looking under “My Records.” (Spanish version is also available)
- Complete a daily Health Self-Assessment Checklist before arriving on campus.
- The Health Self-Assessment Checklist is also accessible by logging into myCNM, clicking “Employee,” then looking under “My Records.” (Spanish version is also available)
- Wear a face covering at all times while at a CNM location.
- All theory/lecture learning will continue to be remote (view our Student Technology Requirements).
- Books will be delivered to your address of residence.
- If on-campus presence is required you will be given steps to follow.
- If on-campus presence is required you must follow safety protocols.
- Do not come to campus unless otherwise instructed.
- Read the Student Info Guide for CNM’s Fall Term.
Human Resources will
- ensure CNM’s policies align with public health orders;
- establish additional policies as needed;
- develop protocols for employees who feel sick; and
- develop a plan for individual employees to return to on-campus work.
Physical Plant will
- follow the CDC’s Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting schools;
- install visual markers for social distancing;
- situate classrooms, labs, common areas and hallways for social distancing;
- install hands-free hand sanitizers across campus and provide disinfecting supplies to departments; and
- increase ventilation and change filters where appropriate.